- Founder, WADe Asia, www.wadeasia.com
- Co-Chairperson, Women Entrepreneurs Committee, PHD Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Editor-in-Chief, Surfaces Reporter magazine & www.surfacesreporter.com
- Director, Bigsea Marcom (I) Pvt. Ltd., www.bigsea.in
Senior Management Program, IIM Calcutta
Vertica Dvivedi is an entrepreneur from New Delhi, India, into the fields of publishing, events, market research and promotions. She is the founder of WADe Asia, Asia’s 1st platform for women architects, artists and designers.
A recipient of several awards, an early story about how Vertica Dvivedi started her entrepreneurial journey is published by Jack Canfield & Juhi Rai Farmania for Westland in one of the Chicken Soup series, titled ‘Passion Unstoppable’. Her life so far has been intense with griping challenges and equally delightful successes. After managing a series of personal crisis as a child and young teenager, she started working at the age of 17.
Today, she is the Chief Editor of Surfaces Reporter, a special magazine dedicated to Products, Materials & Designs for Interiors & Architecture. Vertica is the proprietor of a design firm and Director of Bigsea Marcom (I) Pvt. Ltd. along with her partner Pragath Dvivedi. A first generation entrepreneur, she is a self-made person in the truest sense. Among her latest ventures, she has founded WADe ASIA, a platform for women in architecture, arts and design. Last annual event of WADe had representation from six countries, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Thailand and India. “WADe is about giving back to the society,” she says.
As a teenager she came to Delhi with a backpack and loads of dreams. She calls Delhi her adopted home-town. Her story and success has inspired many young minds and recognized by various platforms nationwide. Some recent published stories are “Inspirational woman” by wearethecity and “Woman of Influence – Vertica Dvivedi” by feministaa.
Living without parents and with the responsibilities of four siblings, she somehow managed to complete graduation, but never lost the hope of doing further studies. In 2013, she was selected to do Senior Management Program from IIM Calcutta. The ordeal that life placed before her has only made her stronger, she feels.
As a young explorer who never wishes to retire, she is an avid photographer, designer, amateur singer and a globe-trotter. She loves to study financial statements of companies and enjoys interacting with passionate & visionary entrepreneurs. Workaholic by choice, entrepreneur by passion, with an infectious enthusiasm for life is how her friends & associates describe Vertica Dvivedi.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Received the title of “Exceptional Women of Excellence 2017 and 2018” by Women Economic Forum
- SMEs Excellence Award 2017 runner-up for Bigsea Marcom (India) Pvt. Ltd. in ‘Women Entrepreneur’ category Associated Chamber of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- Winner of Photo Journalism AWARD 2017 by A3 Foundation through Nationwide Competition, award received in Chandigarh
- Recipient of Hafele ORBIS Award for being the Hafele “Woman of Influence 2017”
- Recipient of Indian Women Achievers Award in 2017 by National Summit for Women, organised by Anchor Media
- Recipient of COWE (Confederation of Women Entrepreneurs) India Excellence Award in 2016
- Vertica has been conferred with the‘Women in Journalism’ award by Rajasthani Academy in 2015.
- In 2013, she was appointed as Jury for IIID Panasonic Anchor Awards (North & Central region) for selection of Nation’s Best interior designs.
- Speaker & Mentor at Vrutti to address owners of Women Owned Businesses studying ‘Entrepreneurship Development’ Programme’ ; also speaker at COWE and Moderator at various platforms
- Guest Lecturer at National Institute of Fashion & Technology (NIFT) New Delhi